As the world becomes more interconnected, data breaches and cyber-attacks are increasingly becoming an unfortunate reality for many organizations. The stakes are high: a data security breach can disrupt a company’s operations, damage the business’s reputation, cause its stock price to fall, lead to the loss of business, and attract government investigations, agency action, and class action lawsuits. Complicating matters is the fact that a patchwork of state and federal laws can apply to the same data security breach incident.
With more than 200 attorneys, Gibbons is a leading law firm in New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, and Delaware, ranked among the nation’s top 200 by The American Lawyer. More...
Resources of Interest
- Association of Records Managers & Administrators (ARMA International)
- California E-Discovery Act
- Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM)
- Federal Judicial Center – Manual for Complex Litigation, Fourth
- Federal Rules of Civil Procedure
- Federal Rules of Evidence
- Information Requirements Clearinghouse (IRCH)
- International Legal Technology Association (ILTA)
- Legaltech News
- New Jersey E-Discovery Rules
- The Sedona Conference