On October 3, 2011, the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit determined that the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1986 (“ECPA”), 18 U.S.C. §§ 2510 2522, applies to foreign citizens, giving them the same privacy protections Congress afforded U.S. citizens in connection with the disclosure of electronic data by third-parties service providers.
With more than 200 attorneys, Gibbons is a leading law firm in New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, and Delaware, ranked among the nation’s top 200 by The American Lawyer. More...
Resources of Interest
- Association of Records Managers & Administrators (ARMA International)
- California E-Discovery Act
- Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM)
- Federal Judicial Center – Manual for Complex Litigation, Fourth
- Federal Rules of Civil Procedure
- Federal Rules of Evidence
- Information Requirements Clearinghouse (IRCH)
- International Legal Technology Association (ILTA)
- Legaltech News
- New Jersey E-Discovery Rules
- The Sedona Conference